Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Whatcha been doing?



I know it's been a while since I've given an update of what kinds of things I've been up to. Don't fret, though. I'm alive and kicking. I've spent a lot of my time in Gatlinburg the past few months. For those of you who have never heard of Gatlinburg, it's a small town hidden in the Smoky Mountains. It's about a forty-five minute drive from campus. It's a place where people who live at the beach come to vacation (which is beyond me). Also, it's the second most popular place to elope in the nation - with Las Vegas being first.

One of the more popular attractions in Gatlinburg is Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies. I'm a huge fan of aquariums, and I've been to some pretty awesome ones, so I was a bit skeptical of how cool this aquarium would be. It was great! It had a moving sidewalk under a tunnel of sea creatures - way cool. I have a friend who is an artist and loves to draw jellyfish, so I took a picture of the pretty jellyfish there.

Two weeks after my visit to the aquarium, the ambassadors spent our spring semester retreat in Gatlinburg. One night we had some free time, and a big group of us had dinner at Bubba Gump's. I love shrimp. Another group went and sang karaoke, and we all watched movies and played cards at our cabin. Ambassador retreats are always fun.

• • •

3 Comments:

Blogger sammyd315 said...

Hey Mallory!!
I'm a junior in high school, and I don't live very far away. We're writing a college research paper for my psychology class and I'm really interested in UT. I was wondering if you could answer some questions for me. What are some pro's and con's? Does being in a sorority make it difficult to keep your grades up? If you could go back and start college over again, would you still go to UT? If you could get back with me that'd be great. Thanks!!

Blogger Lehtola said...

Hi Mallory!

I will start to apologize since I'm typing in your blogg but I didn't know where else to contact a student.

I don't want to be rude or anything but I have loads of questions which I'd love to go over with you. You seem to be a girl who know what you want and what you are talking about.

I'm a Swedish student who wants to study at the University of Tennessee. However I'm so lost and are in need of help!

So if you could get back to me by email I would really appreciate it.

Best regards
Pierre Soderquist Lehtola

(iq_pierre89@hotmail.com)

Blogger Mallory said...

To all: I apologize if you have posted and I haven't responded. I graduated in May and hadn't looked at my blog in quite some time. Please send all questions to mallorykthompson@gmail.com, and I'll do my best to answer them!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home