Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




Wednesday, November 7, 2007

We are Family



This semester has been filled with love. I have friends whom I care for dearly. The relationship I have with them, however, is rather unique. They are in essence my second family. You might say "What's so special about that?" Well, by family I mean that each person literally plays a family-esque role. We have a few moms, a couple of dads and a fair amount of children. We have Sunday lunch with each other. We drop each other off and pick each other up from class. We shop for groceries together. We buy treats for each other.

Example: my "brother" Bubba dropped me off for class last night. When he came to pick me up, he had the seat warmers on in his car and a hot chocolate from Starbucks for me. It's sickeningly thoughtful; I know. Though it all may seem odd, I wouldn't have it any other way. They are some fantastic people, and I expect great things from all of them. So this is my shout out to the fam. Holla.

• • •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home