Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




Monday, October 8, 2007

I'm a Big Kid Now


I'm a senior and it's blowing my mind. With everything I do I think, "This is my last (fill in the blank)." It's getting sort of annoying, but I can't help it. Luckily I have the best roommate ever with whom I share these emotional moments. That's us in Florida before the game. This Thursday and Friday are fall break, and she's going to Houston. I hope I don't cry too much.

This past week I made a big decision. Right now I feel like college is camp for big kids, so making life-changing decisions is somewhat intimidating. I'll be graduating in May which means I have to be a real person with a real career. Last Friday I signed with Eaton Corporation's Electrical Group for their Technical Sales Leadership Development Program (that's a mouthful). I actually interned with them in Baltimore, MD this past summer. There I am with the zone and district managers. I like to take "manwich" photos just so I can say "manwich". It's hard to describe how excited I am. It's so crazy to know what I'll be doing after I graduate.

Here's the downfall: it's really hard to get motivated to work hard in my classes now. In the back of my mind I'm constantly thinking, "I already have my job lined up for me. Now all I need to do is pass." <-- bad attitude. Hopefully I'll figure out a way to change that; I'll keep you posted.

Well, I look forward to sharing some stories, anecdotes, and maybe whisper some sweet nothings in your ear. Please feel free to post any questions, comments, or concerns. Later.

• • •

8 Comments:

Blogger Ambrosia Grease said...

This is Amby. I love your blog...I have to get people to read it to me, because I am illiterate. I will miss you so much this week. :(

Blogger susan c said...

I can't believe UT let you do this! It is hilarious reading your blog it's almost the same as talking to you! miss you rx love snuggles - susan

Blogger susan c said...

I can't believe UT let you do this! It is hilarious reading your blog it's almost the same as talking to you! miss you rx love snuggles - susan

Blogger Bubba said...

MaLordy--Your BlArG is awesome and so are you! You should come over to my apartment sometime and blog---I dont have a laptop...but... would you wanna? HA! You are my hero!

Blogger Unknown said...

Great to hear you are almost finished. Don't give up now... I graduate this fall too, but we should all flirt with the idea of life long learning - who knows - you might want to go on for a Doctorate or Executive MBA... well, that's my next goal.
I'll be at the South Carolina game (student section)... of course I'll be in orange. :-) let's celebrate a great time at UT!!!

bhoward4~

Blogger knoxpaps said...

the famous blarger came to my house today and i must say i was starstruck.

Blogger M.A. said...

Hi Mallory-

I am interviewing with Eaton this week for the Global Leadership Development Program that would begin after graduation in May, 2008. (Currently enrolled at UMN - Carlson School of Management.)

Any tips about the corporate culture or interviewing would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

-Michelle

Blogger Mallory said...

Michelle,

E-mail me at mallory@utk.edu, and I'd love to answer any questions you might have. Thanks for your comment!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home