Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tennessee Traditions


Neyland Stadium: a glorious sight. It's one of only two collegiate stadiums that are accessible by water. This gives way to one of my favorite UT traditions - the Vol Navy. Every home game people line up their boats and "sailgate" before climbing over each other's yachts into the stadium. I talk about this on every tour I give but have never experienced this Vol Navy. Then at the Georgia game, my dreams became a reality. I was invited to sailgate with my friend's family. That's my roomie Amber, my friend Bubba, and I. We met new people, ate homemade gumbo, and sang Rocky Top about every 20 minutes. Then to top it all off, we schooled those Georgia Bulldogs at the game. It was an absolute blast, and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to do that this football season.


• • •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home