Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Let Us Give Thanks


Thanksgiving is one of the greatest days in the history of days. My friend calls it "A precursor to Christmas without the presents" which is somewhat true, but it's still one of my favorite days of the year. It's a time where gluttony is praised. I rolled out of bed at around 9am, took a shower, and watched the parade. Next I traveled all of four miles to my aunt's house. Begin round one. I ate for approximately two hours sampling all things savory and sweet; I don't discriminate.
Immediately following the meal was naptime. Mine lasted around three hours - enough for two R.E.M. cycles. Then I made my way to my roommate's family's house for round two. I always think I'm going to a ball when I eat dinner there. Just look at all the golden plates and flatware - so regal. Her mother is an outstanding chef. We went around the table and shared with each other what we're thankful for. This served as "payment" for our dinner; it was a good trade.

After a full day of eating and drinking about three gallons of sweetened iced tea, I had some serious trouble sleeping. When I can't sleep, I do one of my favorite things: clean. I cleaned my parents' entire house. I vacuumed, mopped, dusted, scrubbed, and did laundry.Yes, it sounds miserable, but I had a real sense of accomplishment after I finished. I didn't go to sleep until 5am - too much fun.

• • •

3 Comments:

Blogger Kellie said...

Wow, sounds like lots of fun!
My name is Kellie and I'm a junior this year in high school.
I'm considering coming to UT from out of state... and was looking for a current student to talk to about going there...
I was hoping you could help me.

Blogger brandielise said...

hello. my name is brandi and i am currently a junior in high school and i am starting my college search. I am looking at UT as well as some other schools. i came across your blog and i was wondering if you had any advice for me or could tell me about UT!

thanks!

Blogger Mallory said...

Brandi and Kellie, e-mail me at mallory@utk.edu with ANY questions. I'm excited that you're considering UT. :)

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home